Sport Administration and Coaching, MA
Whether you’re a professional personal trainer, a seasoned coach or a team manager, you’ve earned practical experience in sports and sport administration.
Your experience working with athletes and clients has given you the desire to expand your reach and use your skills to do more. You want more out of your career, and you’re ready for a program that takes you to the next level.
Our sport administration and coaching program prepares you for leadership in sport and athletic professions. With both research-based instruction and hands-on experience, this program gives you the credentials and confidence you need for the next phase of your career.
Our program adapts to your timeline and your goals. With tracks in both administration and coaching, you can choose a focus for your degree and unlock future opportunities. All courses are 100% online, so you can adapt earning your degree to your busy schedule.
The 30-credit program helps you develop a philosophy of administration and coaching founded on biblical truth and cultivates Christ-focused service.
Courses (30 Credits)
Four required core courses work together with a long list of electives you can choose, allowing you to customize your degree to match your goals and interests. You’ll be connected to professors who are active professionals in coaching and administration in college athletics.
- ESS 610: Sport Leadership & Administration (3)
- ESS 620: Legal Issues in Sport (3)
- ESS 621: Ethics & Sport (3)
- ESS 660: Research Methods in Sport (3)
- ESS 690: Internship (3)
Choose 15 Credits
- ESS 630: Sport Marketing (3)
- ESS 640: Sport Finance (3)
- ESS 650: Sport Facility & Event Management (3)
- ESS 670: Foundations for Sport Coaching (3)
- ESS 671: Psychology of Coaching (3)
- ESS 672: Theories & Strategies for Coaching Volleyball (3)
- ESS 673: Theories & Strategies for Coaching Basketball (3)
- ESS 674: Theories & Strategies for Coaching Soccer (3)
- ESS 675: Theories & Strategies for Coaching Golf (3)
Each student will be able to
- Expand and refine their leadership and management skills.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of administration and coaching.
- Apply knowledge of curriculum and instruction in practical sport experiences.