Professional Studies, BS
BJU’s Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies is an online degree completion program for adult learners. Discover new possibilities for your ministry and career through coursework in several disciplines.
- Use college credits you’ve already earned and apply them to a degree that will propel you to your next step.
- Complete the program through convenient online courses, residence coursework, or a combination of both.
This program’s foundational courses focus on soft skills that today’s employers value—communication, ethics, leadership, and global awareness. You can tailor the major to your unique career and ministry goals.
In addition to the six required major courses, you will be able to select two 18-credit concentrations from the list below. If you have enough credits in a different subject area (such as music, physics, English, or others), you may use that as one or more of your concentrations.
- Educational Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Biblical/Ministerial Studies
- Social Science
- PrS 301: Cultural Engagement (3)
- PrS 350: Ethics for the Professional (3)
- PrS 430: Leadership Effectiveness (3)
- PrS 490: Professional Studies Capstone (3)
- Th 490: Themes in Theology & Apologetics (3)
- Bible Elective (3)
- Communication Elective (3)
- General Education Electives (27)
- Humanities / Fine Arts Elective (3)
- Mathematics or Science Elective (3)
- Social/Behavioral Science Elective (3)
Students will be able to
- Solve real-world problems related to their choice of careers or ministry.
- Apply discipline-specific theories to practice.
- Articulate a biblical position for issues within their career or ministry fields.
My journey began at BJU a number of years ago, but extenuating circumstances prevented me from completing requirements for a bachelor’s degree. Fast forward to 2019 with almost grown children and a full-time career that requires a bachelor’s degree for advancement. I started down the path to a degree in Professional Studies.
The corporation for which I work paid for most credits, and the flexibility of classwork being fully online allowed me to continue working full time and take care of my family.
Having classes that are taught from a biblical worldview was beneficial. Having professors dedicated to a student’s growth both academically and spiritually is priceless. SCOPE has helped me achieve a degree that not only promoted practical application in my career but also equipped me in furthering the Gospel.