Professional Studies, BS
BJU’s Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies is an online degree completion program for adult learners. Discover new possibilities for your ministry and career though coursework in several disciplines.
- Use college credits you’ve already earned and apply them to a degree that that will propel you to your next step.
- Complete the program through convenient online courses, residence coursework, or a combination of both.
This program’s foundational courses focus on soft skills that today’s employers value—communication, ethics, leadership, and global awareness. You can tailor the major to your unique career and ministry goals.
In addition to the six required major courses, you will be able to select two 18-credit concentrations from the list below. If you have enough credits in a different subject area (such as music, physics, English, or others), you may use that as one or more of your concentrations.
- Educational Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Biblical/Ministerial Studies
- Social Science
- Ethics for the Professional
- Global Studies
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Learning Strategies for Adults
- Professional Studies Capstone
- Themes in Theology & Apologetics
- Bible Elective (3 credits)
- Communication Elective (3 credits)
- General Education Electives (27 credits)
- Humanities / Fine Arts Elective (3 credits)
- Mathematics or Science Elective (3 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Science Elective (3 credits)
Students will be able to
- Solve real-world problems related to their choice of careers or ministry.
- Apply discipline-specific theories to practice.
- Articulate a biblical position for issues within their career or ministry fields.