Biblical Studies, MA
Excellence in Bible Exposition
At BJU Seminary we are committed to the careful teaching of the authoritative Word of God and the application of the Word in various ministries. That is why we have designed our MA in Biblical Studies to focus on excellence in the interpretation of the biblical text and the communication of that text.
Courses (34 Credits)
Newly structured: 100% online or residential.
The program includes 23 credits of biblical introduction and theological studies, 5 credits of hermeneutics and sermon/lesson preparation, and 6 credits of biblical counseling.
- SCM 632: Foundations of Biblical Counseling (3)
- SNT 681: New Testament Introduction (3)
- SOT 681: Old Testament Introduction (3)
- STh 601: Systematic Theology (3)
- STh 602: Systematic Theology (3)
- STh 635: Biblical Hermeneutics (3)
- STh 703: Biblical Sanctification (2)
- STh 740: Old Testament Theology (3)
- STh 750: New Testament Theology (3)
Sermon or Bible Teaching Elective
(Choose 2 credits)
(Choose 3 credits)
(Choose 3 credits)
- SNT 611: Exposition of the Synoptic Gospels (3)
- SNT 612: Exposition of John’s Gospel & Epistles (3)
- SNT 613: Exposition of Acts (3)
- SNT 614: Exposition of Romans (3)
- SNT 615: Exposition of the Corinthian Epistles (3)
- SNT 616: Exposition of Paul’s Shorter Epistles (3)
- SNT 618: Exposition of the General Epistles (3)
- SNT 619: Exposition of Revelation (3)
- SOT 611: Exposition of the Pentateuch (3)
- SOT 613: Exposition of the Historical Books of the Old Testament (3)
- SOT 615: Exposition of the Psalms (3)
- SOT 616: Exposition of the Old Testament Wisdom Books (3)
- SOT 617: Exposition of Isaiah (3)
- SOT 618: Exposition of Jeremiah, Ezekiel & Daniel (3)
- SOT 619: Exposition of the Minor Prophets (3)
Whether you’re a pastor without a graduate degree, on the way to an MDiv, or just recently following the call to full-time communication of the Word, this degree will provide you with the essential foundation for preaching or teaching as a pastor, youth pastor, missionary, Christian school teacher or advanced lay Bible teacher.
Each student will be able to
- Articulate and defend Christian doctrine in an organized fashion.
- Analyze and critique theories that challenge the divine origin and inerrancy of Scripture.
- Exposit Scripture using principles of sound biblical interpretation.