Biblical Counseling, Graduate Certificate
Advanced Training for Biblical Counselors
You will take courses essential to shaping your understanding of counseling as well as courses that enable you to focus your preparation on specific counseling needs.
You may have experienced the frustration of wanting to offer genuine help to hurting or searching people, but you were uncertain about how to identify their real needs, how to know that your answers are truly biblical, and how to walk them down the path to healing and spiritual growth. That is exactly why we offer the graduate certificate in Biblical Counseling.
You may not desire or have the time right now to earn the full master’s degree, but you can still receive essential training in Biblical Counseling. You can even take all of the required courses online. Plus, you can later apply the courses in this certificate toward a full MA degree in Biblical Counseling or a Master of Divinity degree with a concentration in Biblical Counseling.
Courses (18 Credits)
All newly revised and updated courses taught by highly-credentialed biblical counselors with years of counseling experience.
You will be awarded the graduate certificate when you take 12 credits of core courses, along with 6 credits of Biblical Counseling electives.
BJU Seminary is a Partner with the Biblical Counseling Coalition.
- SCM 631: Theories of Counseling (3)
- SCM 632: Foundations of Biblical Counseling (3)
- SCM 633: Counseling Issues (3)
- SCM 635: Advanced Counseling Issues (3)
Biblical Counseling Elective
(Choose 6 credits)
Each student will be able to:
- Apply the theological frameworkof progressive sanctification and sufficiency of Scripture as applied to specific biblical counseling problems and cases.
- Employ a biblical methodology that facilitates change and growth in individuals to the glory of God.
- Apply biblical solutions to multiple counseling situations ranging from anxiety to sexual abuse and trauma.
- Apply biblical, ethical and legal responsibilities in the counseling context.
- Critique integrationist counseling theories and methodologies from a biblical counseling perspective.