RN to BSN
Are you looking to advance your nursing career? Do you need additional training to stay competitive? Is your employer requiring a higher level of education?
No matter your reason, BJU offers a convenient and flexible way to get your bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree. Our program is completely online.
Our courses are taught entirely by Christian faculty who teach from a biblical worldview.
Our RN to BSN program requires 120 total credits. You will get 42 credits by having your RN license. You’ll need just 30 additional nursing credits and 48 general education credits to complete the program. You’ll need to complete a minimum of 30 credits from BJU. We’ll help you figure out how many courses you need in order to complete your degree based on coursework you’ve already completed.
Courses are designed to be completed within 7 to 8 weeks with 6 start dates available every year. The overall time to completion will vary based on the number of previously earned credits and your ability to take courses. The program can be completed in as little as 16 months.
- Applied Health Assessment & Promotion for the RN
- Applied Pathophysiology for the RN
- Community Health for the RN
- Health Informatics
- Issues & Trends in Professional Nursing
- Leadership & Management for the RN
- Nursing Theory-Application & Foundations for Practice
- Professional Role Transition for the RN to BSN Student
- Research & Statistics for the RN
Each student will be able to:
- Implement safe patient centered care that integrates critical thinking, problem-solving principles and evidence-based practice across the lifespan and in all healthcare settings.
- Utilize appropriate biblical worldview and ethical principles when applying clinical reasoning and judgement to make decisions and solve problems in the healthcare field.
- Utilize interpersonal communication skills in order to establish and maintain therapeutic and collaborative relationships in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional behavior.
- Apply leadership principles to the management of care including collaboration with clients and healthcare professionals.