RN to BSN
OverviewAre you looking to advance your nursing career? Do you need additional training to stay competitive? Is your employer requiring a higher level of education? No matter your reason, BJU offers a convenient and flexible way to get your bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree. Our RN to BSN program is completely online. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Bob Jones University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Our courses are taught entirely by Christian faculty who teach from a biblical worldview.
Our RN to BSN program was created with the full-time working nurse in mind. We understand the demands of being an adult learner and have created a fully online program with the flexibility to continue managing your family, job, and life. Best of all, this program can be completed in less than one year!
Our courses are offered in a short, accelerated format that takes about one half of a semester to complete. This format allows students to schedule two sessions of classes each semester. The overall time to completion will vary based on the number of previously earned credits and the number of courses you take at a time.
You’ll receive credit for the hard work you have already accomplished completing your Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing, as well as being a registered nurse. We can help you make a successful transition into our RN to BSN program while creating a clear pathway to reach your educational goals. Contact us today for more information or to start your application.
- NuR 317: Professional Role Transition for the RN to BSN Student (3)
- NuR 318: Applied Health Assessment & Promotion for the RN (3)
- NuR 319: Issues & Trends in Professional Nursing (3)
- NuR 320: Applied Pathophysiology for the RN (3)
- NuR 322: Nursing Theory-Application & Foundations for Practice (3)
- NuR 413: Community Health for the RN (4)
- NuR 414: Research & Statistics for the RN (3)
- NuR 415: Health Informatics (3)
- NuR 416: Leadership & Management for the RN (5)
Each student will be able to:
- Implement safe patient centered care that integrates critical thinking, problem-solving principles and evidence-based practice across the lifespan and in all healthcare settings.
- Utilize appropriate biblical worldview and ethical principles when applying clinical reasoning and judgement to make decisions and solve problems in the healthcare field.
- Utilize interpersonal communication skills in order to establish and maintain therapeutic and collaborative relationships in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional behavior.
- Apply leadership principles to the management of care including collaboration with clients and healthcare professionals.
I wanted a program that would incorporate the study of God’s Word, and BJU did so seamlessly. Every one of my classes contained an aspect of biblical worldview and Christian perspective. We were not spoon-fed God’s Word or forced to see things a certain way but were challenged to dig into the Bible and defend our views with scripture.
My experience with the RN to BSN program was nothing but positive. I came through with not only what I needed scholastically for career growth, but I also grew in my knowledge of Scripture and learned how to stand up for truth in today’s society.