Faculty Profile for Jim Berg
- DMin, Biblical Counseling, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MA, Theology, Bob Jones University
- BA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- Advanced Counseling Issues (SCM 635)
- Biblical Counseling Practicum I (SCM 640)
- Biblical Counseling Practicum II (SCM 695)
- Counseling Case Studies (BC 301)
- Introduction to Ministry & Leadership (Min 110)
- Spiritual Growth Seminar (SCM 651)
Jim Berg has been training students since 1981—preparing student leaders to minister to the student body and teaching online and in the classroom at BJU. He has also held conferences for teens, couples, singles, Christian educators, and pastors. He has published eleven books and workbooks and numerous articles in Christian periodicals regarding leadership and, counseling, and discipleship.
In 2010 he and his wife started a local church-based addiction ministry Freedom That Lasts® (www.FreedomThatLasts.com) located in his home church, Faith Baptist Church in Taylors, South Carolina. In addition to the approximately seventy men and women who attend the weekly meetings, the ministry has helped local churches across the country start chapters. He serves as executive director for Freedom That Lasts® and is an executive committee board member for the WILDS Christian camp.
Under the direction of his pastor, Dr. John Monroe, Berg began Faith Counseling Institute (www.fbctaylors.org/institute) to provide biblical training for pastors and laymen. Jim is a Level3 (Advanced) certified biblical counselor with the Association of Biblical Counselors.
Jim and his wife, Pat, have three married daughters who are all serving with their husbands in full-time vocational ministry and enjoy their eleven grandchildren. His hobbies include working in the yard, reading, and writing.